Elite Podcast Academy Show Notes
Mike talks about making contact with and building a community around your listeners.
We are now living in the golden age of podcasting. In so many ways, blogs have become old news and podcasts continue to skyrocket in popularity and the number of new podcasts started each week is rising steadily. I am one who believes this is the new medium for everyday people to share their stories. If you are looking to grow a podcast, you must learn to communicate with podcast listeners.
The fact that podcasts are easy to consume is a big factor in their continuing success. The content of your podcast is crucial, but podcast marketing can have just as much success (perhaps more success) than your podcast itself. A good podcast has to have some strategies for getting it in front of listeners.
Some people are surprised when I tell them that having a strong online following (say 10k+ Twitter followers) does not guarantee a large podcast following. It is easier to get someone to follow you on Instagram or Twitter than to get them to find and listen to a podcast. I’ve met many people with a substantial social media following who are upset their podcast isn’t gaining traction.
One thing I teach new podcasters is the importance of community. When you get a group of raving fans following your podcast, they help you out by sharing your content with their friends and connections. I am not sure about you, but I am more likely to listen to a podcast recommended by a trusted source.
How do you build this community? You need a solid approach for finding and engaging with your listeners.
- Communicate With Podcast Listeners Via Keywords
- Give a Good Description to Communicate With Podcast Listeners
- Submit to Every Podcast Directory
- Press Releases to Communicate with Podcast Listeners
- Be Active on Apple Podcasts
- Interact on Social Media
- Don’t View Other Podcasters as Competitors
- Make Friends With Fellow Podcasters
- Use Relevant Hashtags
- Experiment With Different Social Media Platforms
- Audio Swaps and Guest Spots
- Get Out and About
- Build a Great Website
- Communicate With Podcast Listeners by Releasing Regular Episodes
- Communicate With Podcast Listeners Through Comments
- Never Stop Taking Time to Communicate With Podcast Listeners
Dig in and learn something today!
Let us help you get booked on other podcasts at https://ElitePodcastAgency.com
Listen to amazing podcasts at https://YogisPodcastNetwork.comHow do you communicate with your listeners? Click To Tweet